Department for International Trade
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is the Government Department that helps UK-based businesses export and grow into global markets through promoting British trade across the world and ensuring the UK takes advantage of the huge opportunities open to us.
For more information visit www.Great.gov.uk; the government’s single destination for information on UK trade, investment, tourism and education.
First Steps to Export Enabling potential exporters to trade overseas
Are you a company looking to start exporting? An exciting new programme for potential exporters designed to address your concerns, highlight the opportunities and guide you through the initial steps into export markets.
What the programme covers:
- An initial review with an experienced International Trade Adviser and support over six months to guide you into export
- Two half day workshops to give you the confidence and tools to export
- An introduction to exporting focusing on the key issues which prevent companies from considering exports and how these issues can be addressed and overcome
- A choice between two export sales workshop – one for companies selling products directly to customers and one for companies selling online through websites, e-commerce and e-marketplaces
- A series of export masterclasses to help you grow your knowledge and understanding of key issues in the exporting process, covering
- Finding and managing Agents and Distributors
- International Communication – Language and Culture
- A practical introduction to export market research
- Protecting your IP – patents, copyright, design rights and trade marks
- Payments and currency issues
The programme is free-of-charge for Small and Medium-sized Businesses based in the North West but is limited to companies that have never exported or who have not exported at all over the past twelve months.
Alternatively, please contact Debbie Hancox for more information by phone: 01244 669984
or email: email@example.com
Visit Exporting is Great for Business Opportunities website and sign up for their free alert service here.
UK Export Finance
Time-saving online tools and services, listings of opportunities as well as access to funding to help you grow your business abroad. Visit Exporting is Great website for a full range of the services they offer.
Exporting: Country Guides
The Department for International Trade has issued guides for UK businesses who are interested in selling overseas. Find out more here.