MCPC Systems are hiring!
Posted 23 January 2017 | 0 Comments
We are looking for a Systems Developer to join our established independent IT company on the North Wales/Chester border, developing management software for public and private sector clients nationwide.
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 + pension
Location: Deeside, Flintshire (North Wales/Chester border)
Start: March 2017 or ASAP
Closing date for applications: Friday, 3rd February 2017
In this position, you will:
- play a major role in developing and managing a variety of existing and new software application
- contribute towards the design, development, testing and support of our company’s niche development portfolio
- assist in the undertaking of bespoke development programming for client orders
- have the opportunity to work directly with our customers through our reputable support and helpdesk service
- develop, handle and manage projects both independently and with other members of our development team
- contribute to the achievement of the company’s development goals and milestones for its development and product roadmap
You’ll have a great self-starter, can-do attitude and you will always be looking forward to the next challenge. You’ll also have experience of working under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, both independently and as part of a team. You will be confident to travel to meet clients onsite where the need may arise.
We are a small company in high demand – and it’s growing, too! – so you may also have opportunities to apply your skills in other areas of business too.
Above all else, you should have a passion for learning, and a drive to deliver excellent customer service and value for money.
For this role, we’re offering a salary in the range of £30,000-£35,000 (depending on your experience) + 24 days holiday per annum and an excellent workplace pension. In return, we’re asking that you have:
- Strong fluency in C# /C#.NET (VB.NET a bonus) and an overall understanding of the .NET framework, with experience of applying this to write applications for use in real working environment(s).
- Working knowledge of SQL Server at developer level (including TSQL, Stored Procedures, and more) Knowledge of Microsoft of Azure a bonus.
- Knowledge of MVC Website Framework
- Knowledge of WCF/Soap Web Services/API
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and other web languages a bonus.
- Experience using OpenLayers mapping library and/or experience with third party GIS applications such as Esri Arcmap, Cadcorp GeognoSIS favourable.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- An enthusiasm to learn and develop your skills on the job.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work closely with clients and other members of the team to reach your targets.
- Fluency with MS Office, incl. Word, Excel and Outlook.
- The qualifications and/or experience to back your skills up (preferably at degree level, or with suitable work experience in lieu of formal education).
Ideally, you will also have a level of familiarity with:
- GUI design
- Active/Crystal Reports tools or similar.
- MVC Website Framework
- JQuery, HTML and CSS
- SQL Server (2008R2 and Above)
- IIS 7
- Designing and implementing web services/WCF
- Providing technical and/or training support to clients
- Client/Server environments and .NET Compact Framework
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions about this position or you would like to see a person specification for this post.
To apply for this job, please send your most recent CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your suitability for this position by 3rd February 2017 for priority consideration.