Cheshire College – South and West
Working with local employers
Cheshire College – South & West is a leading local provider of Further and Higher Education and works with local and national employers such as Vauxhall, Unilever, CLS Group, NHS, Jaguar Land Rover, Scottish Power, National Grid to upskill their workforce through training.
We will work with you to undertake a full training needs analysis of your business, and listen to your objectives and what you need to achieve before putting a programme together.
Combining bespoke training with our knowledge of ‘off-the-peg’ solutions, Apprenticeships and available funding and incentives, we will ensure you get the best package at the most affordable price.
We can deliver training on site at our state-of-the-art Campuses in Chester and Ellesmere Port, or at your premises or other venue of your choosing. Training can include:
- Technical training leading to qualifications
- English, maths and IT
- and training that would benefit any business, across areas such as management, health and safety, business improvement techniques, accounting, administration and customer service
Employer hotline: 01244 656499
Develop your workforce through Apprenticeships
At Cheshire College – South & West we help businesses grow with Apprenticeships, matching the right business, right candidate and right Apprenticeship framework – there are frameworks to suit every business.
As part of our service we:
- create and promote the Apprenticeship vacancy on behalf of your business,
- support throughout the recruitment process with our candidate matching and sifting service
- have a Talent Pool of young people who have completed initial training and are ready to start an Apprenticeship
Age Grants – the Apprenticeship Grant for Employers of 16 to 24 year olds aims to support businesses, who would not otherwise be in a position to recruit young people aged 16 to 24 years into employment through our Apprenticeship programme. The Age Grant is available for up to 5 Apprentices. You may get a £1,500 Apprenticeship grant if:
- You are a company with less than 50 employees
- Your Apprentice is aged 16 to 24 years
There are many frameworks available to choose from and each one comprises a work-based competence qualification, a knowledge-based qualification and English and maths. Frameworks include:
- Business Improvement Techniques
- Business Administration
- Contact Centre
- Creative & Digital Media
- Customer Service
- plus many more frameworks specific to various industry classifications
Call the employer hotline on 01244 656499 and speak to our expert team.