Butcher & Barlow recognised by The Legal 500 2018
Posted 08 November 2018 | 0 Comments
Butcher & Barlow are pleased to announce that they have once again been recommended by The Legal 500, widely acknowledged as the leading guide to law firms in the UK. Butcher & Barlow has been recommended for the legal services they provide in the North West in 6 practice areas. 21 individual solicitors have also been specifically recommended.
The Legal 500 is a guide aimed at buyers of legal services. Published annually, included firms are recommended purely on merit after a meticulous research process in to work delivered between January and December 2017. This year sees an improvement in the rankings for the Corporate & Commercial and Commercial Litigation departments, and an increase from 14 recommended individuals to 21.
Corporate and commercial
The corporate and commercial team is said to deliver ‘excellent response times’.
- Jonathan Aldersley: ‘very engaging’, ‘able to provide a common-sense analysis of matters’ and produces ‘quick, practical and commercial advice’.
- James Hodgson
- Justin Kelly
- Rebecca Jepson
- Andrew Mackenzie
The team is described as ‘focused and client-orientated’.
- Alex Sandland: ‘thinks strategically and is robust in pursuing his client’s case’.
- Anthony Higham: ‘excellent’
- James Holton
- Adam Shawcross
The team attracted praise for its ‘notable experience and skills in both large and small cases; the team is efficient and analyses cases well’.
- Anthony Higham: ‘no-nonsense and robust approach which he has acquired through many years of practical experience and legal knowledge’.
- Adam Shawcross
- Greg Porter: ‘very bright and tactically astute’ and is ‘excellent with clients’.
Agriculture and estates
A ‘very capable team that is led by experienced and well-known partners’ which is praised for its strength in succession planning.
- Mike Bracegirdle: ‘first-hand knowledge of farming matters and can explain things clearly. We have a great deal of faith in his judgement’.
- Graham Gigg: ‘very experienced’, has a ‘good reputation and is unsurpassed in his knowledge of this field’.
‘A very strong team’.
- Caroline Cockill-Guy: has a ‘lovely way with clients and gives them wise advice’.
- Abbie Smith: an ‘excellent solicitor who is compassionate, supportive and very clear in her advice’
The team is described as ‘efficient’.
- John Hyatt: ‘clear and concise with his advice’.
- Jonathan Aldersley: ‘praised for his ‘ability to provide strategic solutions’
- James Hodgson: his ‘knowledge, attention to detail and patience is impressive’
- Mark Fletcher
The team is noted for its commercial landlord and tenant matters and complex land disputes.
- Alex Sandland: ‘very tenacious and fights hard on behalf of his clients’.
- James Holton
- Catherine Gregson: ‘client friendly, and is able to get to grips with cases well and run them in the best interests of the client’.
Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate
The team is noted for providing a ‘great level of service with a friendly and caring attitude’.
- Chris Hopkins: ‘Puts things across to his clients in simple and straightforward terms, providing quality and well-thought-through advice and recommendations’.
- Phillip Jennings: A ‘good communicator who operates to the highest ethical standards when dealing with a vulnerable client’.
- Mike Bracegirdle: ‘Can explain legal procedure in a way that makes it easily understandable and therefore less stressful’.
Butcher & Barlow congratulates all their solicitors working in the teams referred to above. They continue to go above and beyond for their clients and the firm are proud that their work and their commitment has been recognised by their clients, professional contacts and peers.
The full editorial can be found here: https://www.legal500.com/firms/540/offices/927
With 10 offices across Cheshire and Lancashire, and with over 150 staff, Butcher & Barlow are big enough to cope with the requirements of all manner of clients across a broad range of services but small enough not to forget that the personal touch and attention to detail is what sets the Firm apart from others.
For more details on the services offered by Butcher & Barlow, visit their website: www.butcher-barlow.co.uk