Export Training: Agents, Distributors and Routes to Market
13th September 2017
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Hosted By: West Cheshire & North Wales Chamber of Commerce
Overview of the course
This is a one day interactive training workshop which runs from 9 am to 5 pm.
Please arrive at 9:00 am for a 9:30 am start.
The course is a part of the British Chambers National Trade Training curriculum. There are ten in total which form a strong basis for company employees to be able to effectively support their employers to export successfully. If you complete six of the courses you will receive the BCC Foundation Award in International Trade.
Book a place on all 7 courses and receive a 10% discount on your total price.
The BCC assessment for this course focuses on what you have learnt about Agents and Distributors during the workshop as these are the most common options when entering a new market. However, we will explore all options for market entry during the course of the day. Don’t panic – everything is in bitesize chunks in an interactive learning environment.
Who should attend
This course is suitable for staff within an organisation, ideally middle or senior management, who have a responsibility for developing business in overseas markets.
What you will learn
By the end of the day you will have an understanding of the following:
- Your options on routes to overseas markets
- The difference between agents and distributors and their respective roles
- The legal implications and challenges of working with Agents and Distributors including authority, territory and competition law
- The advantages and disadvantages of the various options to market entry
- How to decide on the best option(s) for your business
- Pitfalls and practicalities when establishing an overseas presence
- Chamber Members: £215 + VAT (£258) per person, per module
- Non Members: £250 + VAT (£300) per person, per module
For more information call 01244 669985 or click here.
University of Chester, Churchill House, Queens Park Campus, Queens Park Road, Handbridge, Chester, CH4 7AD
or continue without member benefits