Export Training: Customs and VAT
28th March 2018
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Hosted By: West Cheshire and North Wales Chamber of Commerce
Overview of the course
For those looking to dig a little deeper into the rules and regulations surrounding international trade, the Chamber offer this special one-day, supplemental course as an addendum to our accredited export training programme.
Please note the course is not part of our official export training courses mandated by the British Chambers of Commerce and exists to provide extended detail.
Who should attend
An overview of both areas, suitable for accountants, financial or administrative staff, import and export personnel, business traders, and those dealing with the effects of the New Union Customs Code in the importing and exporting procedures. HMRC are targeting many companies to verify their VAT and export documentation and records, and are penalising those companies which cannot provide sufficient evidence of export. At a UK VAT rate of 20%, that could seriously damage your wealth.
Now is the time to learn about how to ensure VAT compliance, especially in exports, keep adequate records.
What you will learn
- We all know how to deal with VAT, don’t we? Input and Output Tax, Zero-rated and Exempt. VAT Returns and record-keeping.
- How do you deal with your exports and despatches to elsewhere in the EU? Is Ex Works good enough to zero-rate your exports?
- What happens if you have no documentation to prove that you exported a consignment out of the UK?
- Do you know what the Reverse Charge system is, or even how VAT is charged on services elsewhere in the EU?
- And what about Triangulation?
- And do you know your C79 Import VAT certificates from your Import Declarations? The VAT man cometh, are you prepared?
- Chamber Members: £215 + VAT (£258 total) per person, per module
- Non Members: £250 + VAT (£300 total) per person, per module
Book a place on all seven modules and get a 10% discount on your total price.
For more information call 01244 669988 or click here.
Please arrive at 9:00 am for a 9:30 am start.
Queen's Park Road, Chester CH4 7AD, United Kingdom
or continue without member benefits