Department for International Trade
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is the Government Department that helps UK-based businesses export and grow into global markets through promoting British trade across the world and ensuring the UK takes advantage of the huge opportunities open to us. For more information visit www.Great.gov.uk; the government’s single destination for information on UK trade, investment, tourism and education.
First Steps to Export
First Steps to Export is an exciting new programme for potential exporters designed to address your concerns, highlight the opportunities and guide you through the initial steps into export markets.
What the programme covers:
- An initial review with an experienced International Trade Adviser and support over six months to guide you into export
- Two half day workshops to give you the confidence and tools to export
- An introduction to exporting focusing on the key issues which prevent companies from considering exports and how these issues can be addressed and overcome
- A choice between two export sales workshop – one for companies selling products directly to customers and one for companies selling online through websites, e-commerce and e-marketplaces
- A series of export masterclasses to help you grow your knowledge and understanding of key issues in the exporting process, covering
- Finding and managing Agents and Distributors
- International Communication – Language and Culture
- A practical introduction to export market research
- Protecting your IP – patents, copyright, design rights and trade marks
- Payments and currency issues
The programme is free-of-charge for Small and Medium-sized Businesses based in the North West but is limited to companies that have never exported or who have not exported at all over the past twelve months.
Fill in the form to resister your interest
Alternatively, contact Debbie Hancox for more information by phone: 01244 669984
or email: email@example.com
Export Guide For Businesses in Wales
“I genuinely hope your company can join the thousands of other businesses in Wales that are already exporting. I am sure that this material will help you do that by providing you with confidence and convincing you that Exporting is GREAT.” – Alun Cairns, Secretary of State for Wales.
Trading abroad can boost your profile, credibility and bottom line. Visit the Great.Gov website for straightforward guidance on how to start selling outside the UK.
Flyers from DIT:
Export Control Training Bulletin
Issue 5.1, October 2017
This bulletin contains details of courses, seminars and workshops from the Export Control Organisation to increase your understanding of the UK’s strategic export controls. Events are aimed at exporting and trading individuals or companies of all sizes, as well as government organisations and cater for a wide range of knowledge levels. Includes all details, charges and an application form. This issue covers new courses from October 2017 to March 2018
Visit the Exporting is Great website for Export Opportunities; Find and apply for overseas opportunities from businesses looking for products or services like yours. You can also sign up for the Department for International Trade’s free alert service here.
Get seen by overseas buyers
Visit Export.Great.Gov to create your business profile and get seen by motivated overseas buyers to generate international sales leads. Show off your company’s experience and outstanding projects to give potential buyers more insight. And see relevant government-supported export development events where overseas buyers will be attending.